Monday, June 5, 2017

Matchbox 1994 Carnivores Bite Wing toy review


This is a review I had done sometime during the Summer of 2016 and I completely forgot about it. I had wanted to do a few different creepy kinds of toys for the month of October, but making the content for both here and over on YouTube can be a huge task to achieve. So, as I even had the video sitting there ready to go, I put the finishing touches on and here we are.

This toy line is one I distinctly remember seeing commercials for back in 1994, but I never actively sought any out some to buy. Come to think of it, I never really saw any at the store. I was much more into Hot Wheels' Attack Pack toy line which I presume was why Matchbox created the Carnivores.

If I saw this thing flying above me in the sky, I'd run for cover ASAP.

Contents! What do you get??
Unlike most of the Carnivores toys, with Bite Wing here you actually get some accessories. Namely, two "parasite bombs".

Okay cool, tell us about 'em!

Angled Left Side View
Angled Right Side Rear View


Rear View

These toys take the whole concept of a Monster Truck creature that Attack Pack did to the next level where these are less creatures hidden inside vehicles, but vehicles that are in fact creatures themselves. Every one of the Carnivores in this line looks like they were merged with mechanical components and brought to life in Dr. Frankenstien's lab.

The two Parasite Bombs are what drew me to this Carnivore, aside from it's ability to fly. I....I am at a loss for words. Without a bio or any sort of info I have no clue what the heck these things are supposed to be. Wingless bat mutants? Actual parasites for the Bite Wing creature?? Babies of Bite Wing??? It's a mystery for sure.

I dunno what a "parasite bomb" is exactly, but it does NOT look like something good..

Front Angled View

Angled Rear View

Should I try to get this brand new?

The winged propeller on the top of Bite Wing does not look incredibly durable so I could see parts of it being broken off or missing on loose samples that where heavily played with. Also, the two included Parasite Bombs could get lost or misplaced if a seller or toy dealer has no idea they are supposed to be included. Prices on eBay for MOSC (mint on sealed card) samples vary so you can grab it for maybe $20 or less.

Potentially fragile piece! Handle with care!

So what do you really think about it?
:

I like it! It is a bit more beastial then Hot Wheels' Attack Pack toy line, but the quality always seemed more prevalent on the toys VS Matchbox. That being said, this toy is fairly durable for the year it came out.

If you want to see a video review with this toy in action, check the video below:


No comments:

Post a Comment